So you’ve done some spring cleaning which includes your wardrobe. You’ve pulled everything out of your closet that’s too small, too big, too old, too worn out, etc. So what do you do with this pile of clothes? Throwing them out is an option but hardly a practical or sensible one. Handing them down to a sibling or gifting them to another family member is a choice, but giving someone clothes that are either too small or too large may inflict emotional damage on the recipient and physical damage on you. Then there comes the ideas of selling or donating. We find these options to be the most socially, environmentally, and economically prudent. Find your local Salvation Army, thrift store, or secondhand shop and turn in your lightly worn goods. Or if you’re looking to turn a profit you can sell your old threads. 1=32045″>HERE is how the ladies do it. Maybe we should take notes fellas.
Handmade Italian tailoring at its best…
You may remember my product review of the Ribbed Tee undershirt. Since we enjoy discussing life and business with other entrepreneurs we thought we would sit down with the owner of RibbedTee, Mr. Mike Schwarz, and ask him about his company. Feel free to contact Mr. Schwarz of you are interested in his products. He can be reached HERE. Be sure to follow Ribbed Tee on Facebook and Twitter.
1. Tell us a bit about how your company got started.
I got laid-off from a high-tech job in November 2007. While laid-off and looking for work, I came across the no longer running show “The Big Idea” (with Donny Deutsch) and it inspired me to do something I had been thinking about for many years.
I first had the idea to combine the fit and the feel of the ribbed tank top with the protection of a full undershirt about 6 years ago. Over the years, I was in search for a company who offered it, but could never find one. Once I saw Donny’s show, I decided it was time to make it myself — that’s when RibbedTee was born.
2. Why did you choose to sell men’s under garments?
Simply put, my mission in creating RibbedTee was to offer a line of undershirts that fit and feel better than any other undershirts in their class.
After being laid off, I created and launched RibbedTee out of necessity when I couldn’t find an affordable undershirt that fit me properly. I combined the cool form fit of the ribbed tank top with the protection of a full undershirt and created our original Classic Fit RibbedTee undershirts which offer superior comfort and fit, without breaking the bank. Since then, RibbedTee has expanded our line and now offer a high-end tank top (the “Protector”) and a luxurious, one-of-a-kind microRib MicroModal undershirt that both take comfort and fit to the next level.
3. What is the most exciting part of your day?
Finding new ways to market and position the RibbedTee brand.
4. What is the most rewarding part of your business?
Getting positive feedback from customers who’ve had a great experience with our product, our Customer Service, or both.
5. When did you decide RibbedTee was going to be your full time job?
I’ve always known that I wanted to start my own company – it was just a matter of coming up with that killer idea. Once we launched the website, and got our first order on the first day of doing business online, I knew that RibbedTee was going to be my full-time job moving forward.
6. What is your ultimate goal for the company?
We’d like RibbedTee to become a household name, known for quality products and amazing customer service.
7. Are there any new products your company plans to sell?
Yes, we have a number of unique undershirt products currently in development that address different market needs. We hope to further expand our line later this year.
8. How do you differentiate yourself from your competition?
Our focus is two-fold:
1. Offer a line of products that can’t be found anywhere else
2. Provide amazing customer service
We believe the combination sets us apart from any other company in our market segment.
9. What do you do in your free time?
Free time? What’s that? Coming from a high-tech background, when I can, I like to help other companies with their technology projects. Personally, I try to get to the gym regularly, spend some quality time with my wife and family, and catch a movie from time to time.
10. What else would you like our readers to know about you and your business?
That we’re committed to continually improving our product, operations, and our online experience. We welcome any and all feedback to help us obtain that, whether it be it positive or negative.
|Ribbed Tee White Crewneck Undershirt|
Since you’ve been following Image Granted you’ve learned how to upgrade your style in several aspects. Great! But a man of style knows his appearance can always be improved upon. So, we thought we’d give you some outside the box alternatives to the standards you’ve become accustomed to. Don’t worry none of our recommendations will change who or what you are–they will only add an element of surprise. Try a few and let us know what you think.
1. Wear contrast color shoelaces in your oxfords instead of the traditional black on black or brown on brown.
2. Wear Egyptian or Sea Island cotton instead of the standard fabric. Both are lighter, softer, and breathe better.
3. Wear cotton, wool, linen, and cashmere ties instead of the generic silk version.
4. Wear colored chinos in gray, blue, green, or red instead of the old fashion khaki.
5. Wear eau de toilette fragrances instead of regular cologne. You’ll wear less and it’ll last longer and stronger.
6. Wear refurbished shoes instead of buying a new pair.
7. Wear an alcohol free deodorant instead of an anti-perspirant. Anti-perspirants have a high aluminum content and may include alcohols which irritate skin and turn undershirts yellow. Try Mitchum Man.
8. Wear straight leg jeans instead of the relaxed or baggy fit you’ve been wearing and trim your frame by ten pounds.
9. Wear a collar pin instead of a tie bar. Tie bars can harm the tie and the collar pin is an old-school look every man should add to his repertoire.
10. Wear square framed sunglasses instead of the tear drop Ray Ban aviators every other guy wears.