As Summer ends and school begins I have the distinct pleasure of speaking to the incoming student body of the prestigious University of Richmond School of Law this Saturday Sep 13. The "Richmond Law Career Immersion" conference will include several keynote speakers and break out sessions in which professionals and experts in the fields of business, etiquette and fashion. I have the honor of addressing over 100 students in the "Are You Well-Suited? Dressing for Professional Success" session.
Over the years TV and Hollywood have dramatized lawyers in both healthy and negative lights. from Perry Mason to Matlock, to Denny Crane, and to the modern hit TV series, "Suits". All of these characters have their own style on and off screen and it is my hope that somewhere along the line my words of advice and encouragement will help the class of 2018 achieve their goals while looking good doing it. And remember, as Denny Crane would say; "tricks are for kids!"
For more information please contact Janet Hutchinson, Associate Dean of Career Development 804.287.6427 | email@example.com.
1L CAREER IMMERSION
Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. The Westin Richmond Richmond, VA
- Keynote by Edward L. Weiner, L’80, founder and senior partner at Weiner Spivey & Miller PLC in Fairfax, VA and President-Elect of the Virginia State Bar
- Managing Business-Social Interactions: a working lunch facilitated by lawyer, lobbyist, and former White House assistant chef, Mary Crane, and including members of the Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Law 101: Litigation, Transactional and Regulatory Practice
- Are You Well-Suited? Dressing for Professional Success
- Developing Your Elevator Conversation: Talking about Your Career Thoughtfully
- Speed-Reading People: Tools for Effective Relationship-Building