Michael ~ "In your opinion if a man is trying to improve his casual dress presentation and he's torn on what area on invest money in first, should I focus on upgrading my shoes first, clothes first, or a combination of both( i.e. buy a pair of shoes, and a pair of jeans or shirt as well). I'm receiving a big check from my job so I want to make the most of it."

IG ~ Thanks for asking. Houses are built from the ground up and so should your wardrobe be. Footwear is the foundation of any quality wardrobe whether you are a beginner just finding your style or if you're a seasoned vet. The proper footwear can make any outfit look like it cost more than it did or that is a higher quality than it is. The wrong shoes can have the exact opposite affect. The rest of your ensemble may be of the highest quality, but the mistake of cutting corners (especially those square toed corners) on your footwear will only detract from the rest of your look.

Of course, you won't be able to spend all your money on shoes. This is where the 80/20 rule applies. Spend 80% of your allotted budget on footwear and the remaining 20% on other items to compliment the purchase. The journey of style is long and arduous. Don't make the mistake of building on a house and quicksand.